How to wear pieces you already own
Check the following looks and get inspired.
1. Try belting your top half over and half under for a street style–inspired look that’s still approachable.
2. Breathe new life into your button-down shirt by wrapping and tucking it instead of buttoning.
3. Fully zip your ladylike jacket (or cardigan) and wear it as a top.
4. Layer your old “tube top” over a button-down shirt (or T-shirt), and tuck it into your pants.
5. Make your shoulder bag stand out by wearing it as a cross-body.
6. Ditch the slip and wear a sheer skirt with a long button-down shirt instead.
7. Wear your V-neck top or tunic off the shoulder.
8. Get more mileage out of your old silk scarf by using it as a belt.
9. Rather than holding your bag the traditional way, loop one strap through the other to give it a fresh look.
10. Let your cuffs be the stars by leaving them dramatically unbuttoned and coming out from your jacket sleeves.
11. Take your work shirt into night-out territory by letting a peek of your prettiest bra show.
Read more on http://www.whowhatwear.com/better-ways-to-style-your-clothes/slide23