Roasted red pepper pizza and Cinammon oatmeal pancakes
Homemade Pizza Dough
2 cups flour
1 pkg (2¼ tsp) active dry yeast
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup warm water
Extra flour for kneading
2 tsp olive oil
4 cups kale leaves, stemmed and roughly chopped
¼ cup tomato sauce
2 small red peppers, roasted, peeled and thinly sliced
3oz feta cheese, crumbled
1(5oz) mozzarella ball, thinly sliced
Olive oil, to drizzle
Kosher salt, to sprinkle
See more http://www.bitememore.com/feedme/307/kale-and-roasted-red-pepper-pizza
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
2. In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
3. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until combined. Let pancake mixture sit for at least 20 minutes. You can cover and put the mixture in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours before making the pancakes.
4. When ready to cook, heat a griddle or pan to medium low heat. Coat with cooking spray. Drop about a 1/4 cup of batter onto heated skillet. Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Continue making pancakes until the batter is gone.
5. Serve pancakes with fruit and maple syrup, if desired.
Note-these pancakes freeze well. Let them cool completely and then wrap in plastic wrap and put in a freezer bag. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and reheat in microwave or the toaster.
See more http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/cinnamon-oatmeal-pancakes/