Baked zucchini fries with pesto yogurt dip
1 medium zucchini
2/3 all-purpose flower or whole wheat pastry flower
1 large egg
3/4 cup whole weat panko bread crumbs
3/4 table spoon paprika
1/2 table spoon salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
olive oil cooking spray
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
3 tsp basil pesto
1/8 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and set a cooling rack on top of the baking sheet. Coat the cooling rack with cooking spray.
2. Cut the zucchini into 3-inch long and ¼-inch thick pieces.
Spoon the flour into a medium bowl. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl. In a third bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, paprika, salt and pepper.
3. Working with several zucchini pieces at a time, dredge the zucchini in the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip the zucchini in the egg, then place it in the bread crumb mixture, covering completely.
4. Transfer the coated zucchini pieces to the prepared rack, in a single layer. Repeat with remaining zucchini pieces.
5. Light coat the zucchini with the cooking spray.
6. Bake in the oven until the zucchini is tender and the breading is browned and crisp, about 15 minutes.
7. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.